Elon Musk’s fighting skills have been certified by a Brazilian jiu-jitsu Black Belt.
The Tesla founder recently caused an almighty stir when he called out Mark Zuckerberg and seemingly agreed to face him in the UFC Octagon.
5
Zuckerberg began studying various martial arts in 2020 and has impressed several UFC stars, including Conor McGregor, with his fighting ability.
Earlier this year, the Facebook billionaire competed in his first BJJ tournament and shocked everyone by winning two medals.
Much less was known about Musk’s fighting ability, until now.
On Sunday, the 52-year-old had an unplanned training session with Lex Fridman, a Russian-American computer scientist, artificial intelligence researcher, and podcaster who is the proud owner of a BJJ Black Belt.
READ MORE ON ELON MUSK
“I did an impromptu training session with Elon Musk for a few hours yesterday,” Fridman tweeted on Monday alongside photos from their workout.
“I'm extremely impressed with his strength, power, and skill, on the feet and on the ground. It was epic. It's really inspiring to see Elon and Mark doing martial arts.
“But I think the world is served far better if they train martial arts but not fight in the cage.
"That said, as Elon says, the most entertaining outcome is the most likely... I'm there for them, no matter what.”
Most read in MMA
5
5
5
Fridman’s reluctance to see Musk fight Zuckerberg almost certainly has something to do with the fact that he also has a friendly relationship with the Meta CEO.
Just two days ago, he shared footage from his training session with Zuckerberg on YouTube and it has already been viewed over one million times by curious fight fans.
While Fridman leads a long list of people opposed to Zuckerberg vs Musk, UFC president Dana White is pushing ahead with promotion for the fight he recently defended from ‘gimmick’ claims.
The UFC boss believes the bizarre crossover bout would smash the current combat sports pay-per-view record which was set at 4.6 million buys when Floyd Mayweather fought Manny Pacquiao in 2015.
5
Musk will soon link up with Georges St-Pierre to continue his fight preparations after the MMA legend extended a training offer, which was accepted, over social media.
It’s currently unclear if Zuckerberg will be taking up a similar offer from UFC heavyweight king Jon Jones who volunteered his services to the 39-year-old when rumours about his MMA debut began to swirl.